Even though we’re experiencing a heatwave in Jozi, I still like to apply body lotion after a shower. In this super hot weather it can be tricky to find a body lotion that won’t leave your skin feeling sticky, oily or weighed down, and when you’re standing in front of shelves of body lotions on offer in a store, it can be a little overwhelming when it comes to choosing something new. Aloe wouldn’t have been my first choice for a body lotion because I usually prefer coconut, cocoa butter and shea butter scents, but I have to say I was really pleasantly surprised by this range.
Vaseline’s Intensive Care Aloe Soothe lotion is a very light lotion that smells fresh (amazingly revitalising in the morning), absorbs quickly, and leaves my skin feeling soft. The range contains micro-droplets of Vaseline jelly that help lock moisture into my skin, just like the Advanced Repair range does, however this range feels super light once applied. I use the lotion in the mornings and the cream at night before climbing into bed and both provide me with just enough moisturisation.
Here are some interesting facts about Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of nature’s wonder plants because it’s nature’s own soother – stocked with over 200 revitalising vitamins and minerals, it has been used therapeutically for over 5000 years.
Some of it’s skin-caring benefits include:
- Soothing – Aloe Vera can be applied topically to burns, abrasions, or other skin conditions to help relieve pain and inflammation. This is especially helpful for sunburn. (I burnt really badly after my trip to Bali last year, and bought some Aloe Vera lotion to apply to the sunburn and it really helped ease it during a 10-hour flight home.)
- Itch Prevention – Aloe Vera is helpful in relieving or preventing itching from bites or rashes.
- Moisturiser – Aloe Vera has a water content of over 99%. This means it’s ideal for use as a skin moisturiser, especially for those with an oily complexion, as it’s non-greasy.
- Anti-Ageing – Aloe helps repair collagen and elastin in the skin to increase the flexibility of the skin.
- Skin Softener – Aloe is an emollient, helping to soften and smooth the skin. By supplying oxygen to the skin cells, it increases the strength of skin tissue and helps improve blood flow to the skin for softer, healthier-looking skin.
- Breakout Treatment – Aloe Vera contains two hormones that help reduce skin inflammation and helps stimulate the growth of new cells, which allows the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring.
You can purchase the Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Soothe range at most retailers, and the recommended prices are:
- 200 ml Lotion R24.99
- 400 ml Lotion R41.99
- 350 ml Cream R34.99
- 500 ml Cream R44.99
The cream is richer than the lotion, so if your skin needs extra hydration, I would suggest purchasing that one. If not, then rather use the lotion for summer.
Thank you Vaseline for sending me this really great range to try out. I love everything about it, especially its fresh scent!